This document describes the activities carried out in the first year of CIPSEC project concerning the exploitation activities, the liaisons and collaboration initiatives facilitated by the project, the dissemination, as well as, the standardization activities. These actions are covered by Task 5.1, Task 5.2 and Task 5.3 under the work package 5 “Exploitation and dissemination plan including standardization activities”. Here, one of the main goals is to maximize exploitation and standardization, following and updating a plan, reported in deliverable D5.1. The first one defines the procedures to handle the generated IPR and to establish the uptake of CIPSEC‟s results after the end of the project. On the other hand, this work package has also the objective of performing all the dissemination activities in the project, spanning from collaborations with other research projects, production of training material and latest research outcomes at large.
The summary of this first-year activities is the following:
- Exploitation: All the industrial partners conducted a preliminary market analysis of their services or products, and an industrial road map reported in deliverable D5.1, in month 6. In this deliverable D5.2, the roadmap has been extended for the next 6 months of the project.
- Liaisons and collaborations: CIPSEC consortium has agreed a collaboration strategy with related projects. CIPSEC consortium has agreed a collaboration strategy with related projects such as: RESISTAND, S2R, mF2C, ECOSSIAN, WISER and KONFIDO. For each of the projects a contact person in CIPSEC (or more than one) has been assigned. In this first year, the focus of the collaboration with these projects has been to find the specific synergies between CIPSEC and the related projects.
- Training and workshops: As part of the internal dissemination and training, industrial tool providers in CIPSEC have presented their tools in a series demos, both live and video recordings, to the rest of partners of the consortium. On the other hand, during this year, CIPSEC members have agreed on organizing three CIPSEC workshops, two of them during the second year of the project, and the third workshop during the third year; all of them co-located with conferences such as IWQoS’17, ARES’17 and ARES’18. Finally, it was agreed to organize a training course, supported by FORTH, during the second year of the project.
- Dissemination activities: CIPSEC carried out several dissemination activities related to CIPSEC concepts:
- Creation and support of CIPSEC Web page and CIPSEC social networks: Twitter, LinkedIn and Research gate.
- Preparation of dissemination material: flyer and poster.
- Attendance to different Industrial and Scientific events.
- Publication of five conference papers (in IEEE PRDC, 2017, in Workshop on S4CIP 2017, in CrossCloud’17, FTC 2017, and in IEEE ISVLSI 2017), one white paper (in CYSIS) , one paper in a journal (SIC journal), and five press releases; as well as submission of two more articles.
- Creation of a CIPSEC blog with monthly entries and a Newsletter released every six months.
- Standardization: Preparation of a standardization plan based on three key types of actions: (1) project internal dissemination of standards information, (2) provide feedback to the standardization bodies in order to help improve their standards and their interoperability and (3) participation in the evolution of standards to advocate the results of CIPSEC’s innovations. These actions have started with the identification of standards bodies where CIPSEC members have direct contacts to contribute.